Calafia Condos Resort and Villas | Calafia Rosarito
Heading south of the Rosarito-Ensenada toll-free road, the Calafia towers are hard to miss. They have become a landmark of the Rosarito coastal scenery, along with surfing, delicious lobster with flower tortillas, fish tacos, world-class furniture, and all the lifestyle amenities Baja California is famous for.
The Calafia name is taken from García Rodríguez de Montalvo’s fictional novel ‘The Exploits of Esplandian’ written in 1510. One of its chapters tells the story of Calafia, a beautiful warrior-queen who ruled over a kingdom of Black women living on the mythical Island of California. Strong and brave, she was the most beautiful woman on earth.
Calafia Condos Resort and Villas sits right next to the historical Calafia Mission, one of the famed Catholic establishments from the 1700s, which is now home to a museum, hotel, restaurant, and small shopping area. It is a must-see attraction for anyone interested in the area´s unique history and mystique.
While newer communities have come and gone amidst turmoil and scandal, Calafia Condos Resort & Villas stands tall, having become one of the most respected and stable private residential neighborhoods in Rosarito.
If you´ve never been to Calafia, there are many things you may not know about it.
The complex is almost 30 years old
- It was the brainchild of a visionary group of architects and builders. Some considered it to be ahead of its time.
- It started with a single tower, built in 1987. Tower 2 was built in 2006 and after an incredible boom, Tower 3 was built in 2012.
- Tower 3 is the northmost tower and it now holds 197 units, and 36, single-story villas.
- Whereas in the U.S. some people equate newer with better, in Mexico, structures built around the 1980´s are very coveted for their solid construction and comfortable layout.
- The lush gardens at Calafia are 30 years in the making.
- The oceanfront boardwalk is long enough for a nice morning run or afternoon stroll. Every building has a workout room.
- Calafia´s amenities include a private movie theater, sauna, steam room, and spas. There´s also a conference room and TV lounge.
- 2 Community pools and 4 Community Jacuzzis.
- A dedicated staff keeps the grounds and swimming pools pristine.
- A gate and 24/7 security guard keep the community safe and free of trespassers.
- All of the master bedrooms have ocean views.
- The floorplans range from 2 to 3-bedroom spacious units (from 1600 to 1900 square feet.).
- Many owners have easily fit a home office into their units.
- Floor-to-ceiling glass windows provide unobstructed views of the Pacific.
- The beach at Calafia has a semi-private cove, ideal.
- While the south end of the compound shows a rocky oceanfront, commonly found along the Baja Gold Coast, the northern part shows a gorgeous sandy beach tucked away in a little cove, ideal for sunbathing relaxing, and even fishing.
About living in Calafia:
- Calafia is a dog-friendly community.
- Owning at Calafia costs 1/5th of what comparable property in the U.S. would cost
- Prices of an oceanfront condo at Calafia are in the high $100k’s. Comparably, the median house in San Diego is $395,000. And that´s inland.
- Many of Calafia´s owners are full-time residents who gather together for movie night, football games, and nice sunset dinners
- Calafia is just a 25-minute drive south of the U.S. border
- While by law, there are no private beaches in Mexico, Calafia´s unique location makes beach access virtually impossible for outsiders
- Each year we get sightings of dolphins, sea lions, and the spectacular gray whale migration
- There´s an ample area for fishing. Common species in Rosarito are croaker, corbina, perch, sand bass, and halibut
- Rosarito has five major grocery stores including a Walmart Superstore, where a person can fill his shopping cart for approximately $60.00.
Calafia today is one of the most established communities in the Baja area. Developed in such a way that allows you to experience the beauty of both the Pacific and Baja, residents enjoy gorgeous sunrises and sunsets all year long. Breathtaking wall-to-wall views, granite kitchens, travertine bathrooms, Mexican tile flooring, and an array of community appointments allow residents to simply relax and enjoy the surroundings.
If you’re looking for a second home or to retire in a quiet community by the ocean, and enjoy all the benefits and amenities of a resort without breaking the bank, Calafia Condos may be the right fit for you. Call our Baja Real Estate Office today to schedule a guided tour of Calafia Condos. From USA: +1 (619) 600-5670 | From within MEX: +52 (661) 613-233. You can also browse our exclusive Calafia Condos real estate listings for sale.