Feeling A Home In Baja
Make sure to ask the right questions when buying real estate in Rosarito. “Home is where the heart is” dictates conventional wisdom. But in reality, it takes a lot to make a heart feel at home: Friends, a sense of belonging, of spending time in a meaningful way.
Granted, a home by the ocean for less than $300,000 is a good way to start. But, buying a home in Rosarito is so much more than acquiring a beautiful property with phenomenal ocean views.
Since the majority of American retirees and vacation homeowners opt for gated communities and condos, it is important to ask the right questions in order to make sure you will be able to thrive and enjoy your new environment:
- What is the monthly HOA fee, and what does it cover?
- Are pets allowed in the community?
- Is there a limit to the number of pets?
- Are there any rules about children/grandchildren?
- Are you allowed to rent out your house? (This is a nice way to generate income during those times of the year you are not using your place)
- Does the community have a system to help you handle rental activity?
- How is a title held in the community and the home? In other words: Is it lease-land, or full ownership? (This is an all-important question when buying real estate in Baja).